May 25, 2015
- Created “MSU” albums organized by year inside “Beekeeping” album. Started populating 2014 and 2015 photos.
- Added “HAS 2013“, “HAS 2014“, “ANR 2015“, “Bee Paloosa 2014” to the Meetings album.
Feb 5, 2015
- I shut down all my own servers and started using external (MSU and outside) web services for my sites, including cyberbee.net, bees.msu.edu, and michiganbees.org
June 2, 2000
- CyberBee is featured in the “Hot Picks” list in the Netwatch. Once a week, the Netwatch publishes what it considers to be the best site on a particular subject. I was hosting all my own sites until 2015. This included buying hardware, installing FreeBSD and other softwares (Apache webserver, MySql, PHP, even my own domain name server, Named).
Nov 2, 1998
- cyberbee.net was moved to MSU, it was hosted in my own lab, I maintain all hardware and system software, backup and security etc.
Sept 11, 1997
- cyberbee.net was registered while I was at UIUC. It was hosted at an office in the UIUC incubator lab. whois data shows: “Creation Date: 1997-09-11T04:00:00Z”. At that time Network Solutions charged $300 per year per domain, if I remembered correctly. Then it was reduced to $150 per year. Until later (around 2000?) when godaddy.com came along charging $30 per year when domain registration was no longer monopolized by InterNic.