|Common names||desert false indigo
|Zach’s bee attractiveness scale (ZBAS)||8|
This flower was native to US but I saw it first time in China. When I saw it loaded with honey bees I asked my friend to stop his car and spent about 30 min shooting the bees. I saw bees mostly foraging for pollen, but I heard you can produce honey (a reddish one!) in some areas of China. The seeds of this plant contains a chemical, 6′-O-β-D-glucopyranosyl-12a-hydroxydalpanol, that is supposed to help the diabetics.
1. The flowers are small and not typical of legumes.
2. This honey bees was loaded with pollen.
3. The flowers were beautiful!
4. It is difficult to see whether she was also taking nectar or not, but her pollen basket was medium in size.
5. Another bee.
6. Perhaps the same photo, cropped to be larger.
7. Hovering in the air.